EUROPEAN CENTRE OF EXPERTISE FOR VICTIMS OF TERRORISM
Final Conference – 13 December 2021
09:15 – 09:30 Arrival of Participants in Zoom
09:30 – 10:30 Opening Addresses
– Welcoming Remarks
- Mr Richard Sonnenschein, Acting Director of Criminal Justice, Directorate-General for Justice and Consumers (DG JUST), European Commission
- Ms Petra Klein, Vice-President – Victim Support Europe
– Keynote speeches by EUCVT Executive Committee members on the importance of the Centre
- Dr Berenike Waubert de Puiseau – European Network on Victims’ Rights (ENVR)
- Mr Philippe Vansteenkiste, Director – V-Europe
10:30 – 10:45 Coffee Break
12:00 – 12:30 Lunch Break
12:30 – 14:00 Session II: Roundtable discussions on the future of the Centre
List of topics for discussion:
- Cross-border victimisation & cross-border support
- Moderated by Dr An Verelst, Belgian Federal Public Service Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment
- Future legislation & policies at EU level
- Moderated by Mr Levent Altan, Victim Support Europe
- Reinforcement & exchange of expertise
- Moderated by Dr Ophelie Nachon, Fondation Lenval
- Multi-agency response to victims’ needs
- Moderated by Ms Aleksandra Ivankovic, Victim Support Europe
- Victim centric approaches
- Moderated by Ms Cristina Ana, Victim Support Europe
- First responders & circles of impact
- Moderated by Ms Noortje Jansen, ARQ National Psychotrauma Centre
- Discussing trauma and bereavement: similarities and differences
- Moderated by Dr Sigal Haimov, Victim Support Europe and V-Europe
14:00 – 14:15 Closing Remarks
- Mme Frederique Calandra, Inter-Ministerial Delegation for Victim Support, Ministry of Justice in France
14:15 – 14:30 Closing of the Conference
- Aleksandra Ivankovic, EUCVT Operations Manager, Deputy Director of Victim Support Europe
This session will take place in a virtual roundtable setting, with participants divided into seven different breakout rooms on Zoom. Each breakout room will address one of the discussion topics on the list. Discussions will be facilitated by the online whiteboard “Mural”.
All participants will be invited discuss two topics during this session.
The participants will remain in the same breakout room during the entire exercise. The moderator and note-taker in charge of a specific theme will move in between breakout rooms after the first round of discussion.
After the two rounds of discussion, all participants will move back to the main room for the feedback session and closing remarks.
Please note that you can indicate your preferred topics for this session’s discussions in the registration form.